Focusing on the whole person
Grounded in the principles of our Christian ethos, our wellbeing program focuses on building emotional resilience, sustaining relationships and developing the confidence to articulate and critically reflect on the students’ own personal development.
An atmosphere of care and concern for each student’s character, growth and wellbeing, within a value system and set of priorities derived from the Christian faith.
Wellbeing is vital, crucial, and fundamental to our very purpose and stated reason for existence.
At Christian College we are focussed on developing “an atmosphere of care and concern for each student’s character, growth and wellbeing, within a value system and set of priorities derived from the Christian faith.”
We are committed to nurturing all members of the College community, as we discover and confirm wholistic health, both individually and collectively.
Our guiding principles & commitments to Wellbeing
A personal relationship with God and an exploration of Christian Faith.
- Individual faith development and personal understanding of life and purpose
- The College values of Hope, Faith, Love, Truth and Grace as a foundational demonstration of our Christian Faith
- Regular devotional practice
- An environment that empowers pastoral care one to another
- Providing opportunities for informed and clear modelling of the Christian Faith
The development of character, personal capacity, emotional maturity and positive behaviours
- Inclusive learning environments that encourage a sense of connectedness and increased belonging
- Professional learning to build capacity for enhanced social and emotional wellbeing
- Explicitly teaching social and emotional skills using evidence informed practices related to positive emotions and resilience
- Positive learning dispositions such as motivation, confidence and engagement
- A growth mind-set, self-confidence and sense of purpose
Strong and inclusive relationships within a respectful community
- Building links with community organisations, services and agencies that will assist in supporting the wellbeing needs of all members of the College community
- The continuous involvement of families within the College community; encouraging purposeful and positive relationships and enhancing a sense of identity and belonging
- Diversity and respect through harmonious relationships
- Restorative Practices designed to model and promote effective conflict resolution and repair relationships
A capacity to thrive holistically in an ever-changing and complex world
- Providing opportunities for the expression of authentic voice and decision-making
- Promoting a servant heart with an understanding and appreciation of our role as global citizens
- Respecting the diversity of the College by teaching, modelling and promoting values and behaviours to build a culturally cohesive community
- Reviewing all policies and practices to actively promote and protect positive mental and physical health
- Enhanced connection to global issues and diverse community resources to create life-long learning opportunities
Building Resilience through MYTERN
Taking Control of your wellbeing
Stress and challenges are part of life. Through the Taking Emotional Responsibility Now (MYTERN) program we teach students to get ahead of the stresses of everyday life by developing preventative strategies. Based on neuroscience and positive psychology, MYTERN builds students’ own emotional intelligence and resilience.
Learning Through Experiences
Explore our Campuses
Make a start with a virtual tour. Or book a personal tour with a Head of Campus.